Provide process for enabling IIS Compatibility Mode in newer server environments such as Server 2016 utilizing IIS 10
Environments using an SMTP server may need to make changes to the IIS SMTP Server which require Metabase access. This is not enabled by default in later versions of IIS and the role must be added in order for the tools to be used.
- Open Server Manager and click Manage > Add Roles and Features. Click Next.
- Select Role-based or feature-based installation and click Next.
- Select the appropriate server. The local server is selected by default. Click Next.
- Enable Web Server (IIS) and click Next.
- No additional features are necessary to install the Web Adaptor, so click Next.
- On the Web Server Role (IIS) dialog box, click Next.
- On the Select role services dialog box, verify that the web server components listed below are enabled. Click Next.
- IIS Management Console
- IIS 6 Management Compatibility
- IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility
- Verify that your settings are correct and click Install.
- When the installation completes, click Close to exit the wizard.
Once the new roles have been installed we will need to install the IIS 6 Resource Kit which includes MetaBase Explorer. In most cases this is the only portion of the kit we will need to have you install.
- Download the IIS 6 Resource Kit
- Right click on the .exe, go to Properties and Select Unblock (if available)
- Select Next
- Agree to the EULA and select Next
- Fill out User Name and Company Name and Select Next
- Select Custom
- Deselect all options except Metabase Explorer 1.6 and Select Next
- Select Next again to complete the install of the desired features
- After the install has completed Select Finish
You can now complete the steps in the articles utilizing Metabase functionality such as removing the SMTP Event Sinks in the manual removal of MailEssentials.