Customer reports having an issue with the GFI Engine crashing and seeing Antispam7.dll errors in event logs almost every minute:
Faulting application name: gfiscans.exe, version: 15.0.2012.29, time stamp: 0x4e454fb5 Faulting module name: antispam7.dll, version: 15.0.2012.9, time stamp: 0x4e455008 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00003b58 Faulting process id: 0x2b58 Faulting application start time: 0x01cc94cc49b6e62f Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\gfiscans.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\antispam7.dll Report Id: 3eadb9c3-00c0-11e1-a1fe-005056ac0002 Found 3000+ objects in Middle/Recovery queue, cleared these and did service reset Found that column in Antispam table in Config.mdb is missing Replaced missing column Replaced database Successful
- GFI MailEssentials
- All Supported Environments
The table was accidentally truncated, causing the Scan service to fail when attempting to reference the missing column.
- Secure the Config.mdb file.
- Open the
antispamtable in Access.
- Look for a column called checkemail.
- If the checkemail column does not exist, right-click on the table and go into Design View.
- Under chkrunonwords, create a new entry called chkemail.
- Change the Data Type to Number.
- Ensure the field size is set to Long Integer under the General tab in the Field Properties.
- Change the Default Value field so that the value is
- Save your changes and ensure the table appears as follows:
- Replace the existing config.mdb file with your newly edited copy.
- Restart the GFI MailEssentials services.