Versions / Builds Affected2012 / 20130226
Problem SummaryWhen trying to connect to a SQL server for the MailEssentials reports, the correct credentials are entered but no database names are pulled when the 'Get list of Databases' button is clicked.
TT / JIRAID936
How to IdentifyWhen clicking the 'Get database list' button, no entries come up even though the connection information is correct.
Workaround / Fix DetailsThe account used to pull the database information must have the DB owner property selected, as well as the "Alter any database, create any database, or view any definition" permission enabled. This can be adjusted with these steps:
1. Open SQL management studio
2. Right-click the database name
3. Navigate to the Permissions node
4. Select the account used to connect to the GFI MailEssentials database
5. Select one of the three permissions; any of them will allow the account to pull database information
Required ActionsUpgrade to latest build of GFI MailEssentials 2015 or Later
Provide the workaround and attach this article to the case.