Public folder scanning fails and does not create the GFI MailEssentials Public Folders.
You may see the following errors in ..\MailEssentials\Antispam\DebugLogs\PFTrainEWS.log:
error ","PFTrainEWS","error:The request failed schema validation: The element 'ParentFolderId' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/messages' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: 'FolderId, DistinguishedFolderId' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types'."
"error ","PFTrainEWS","error:Failed to GetFolderObject reference not set to an instance of an object."
- GFI MailEssentials
- Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Verify that CU3 is installed
- Open the Exchange Management Shell
- Type: Get-ExchangeServer | fl name,edition,admindisplayversion
- Verify that version is 15.0 and build is 775.38 (Further info could be found here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh135098(v=exchg.150).aspx)
- Verify that the user being used to access public folders has full permissions
- Open the Exchange Admin Center
- Click Public Folders
- Click ... and click Root permissions
- Add the user to be used for public folder scanning here and give full permissions
Insufficient privileges for the user performing public folder scanning or Exchange is missing a critical update.