This article does not refer to the latest version of the product.
For information on how to upgrade to GFI MailEssentials 2015, please see the guide at this link:
If you want to upgrade to the latest version, please read: https://upgrade.gfi.com/?product=gfi-mailessentials
After reading the upgrade guide, you can download GFI MailEssentials 2015 SR1 from these links, depending on whether you have a 32 or 64 bit operating system:
- Make sure SMTP or Transport service is stopped prior to launching the installer.
- After you download the installer, right click on the installer > Properties > Unblock and apply before running the installation.
- You can prevent future blocks of our installers by adding *.gfi.com to the Trusted sites in your internet browser.
Important Licensing ChangesGFI MailEssentials 2014 R2 introduced a new licensing subscription model, which is valid also for GFI MailEssentials 2015 and future releases. Please refer to: GFI MailEssentials 2014 R2 Subscription Licensing Change
When you upgrade to a new version for any GFI Software Solution, you will need to upgrade your license key from the GFI Software Customer Area(If upgrading service packs 2015 to 2015sr1 license key upgrades are not required). If you have a valid software maintenance agreement of any previous version of the product being upgraded, you are eligible for a free upgrade. To check the status of the software maintenance agreement for your product:
- Login to the GFI Customer Area (https://customers.gfi.com)
- Enter your username and password which was received along with the product license key
- Under the My Keys section, expand the GFI Product you wish to check
- Check under Support Status to see if the product has a valid software maintenance agreement
- If you have a valid software maintenance agreement for your product, you can click the Click here to upgrade your GFI Product link to upgrade your license key. The new license key will be available in your GFI Customer Area.
- If you do not have a valid software maintenance agreement for your product, you can click the Purchase / Quote Add-ons to get a quote for the new version of the product, or to place an online order