Note: This procedure will create a new GFI MailEssentials EmailSecurity Quarantine database, hence emails quarantined in the previous database will not be accessible during and after the procedure.
- Stop all GFI MailEssentials services
- Move (backup) or delete all folders found in the QuarStoreFB directory, where the EmailSecurity (Malware) Quarantine is stored. The path where the Quarantine is stored can be checked either under Switchboard / Quarantine or in the EmailSecurity\Data\product.config file (for the Malware quarantine).
- Open command prompt and change the directory to ..GFI\MailEssentials\EmailSecurity\MiddleLayer (version 2012 and 2014) and ..GFI\MailEssentials\Backend\bin (version 2014R2 and later)
- Run the following command: qssfbcreate.exe /defaultpath /debuglog c:\fdb.log (if the quarantine is not in the default location the command is: qssfbcreate.exe /dbpath c:\<path_found_in_product.config (without QuarstoreDB)> /debuglog c:\fdb.log)
- The quarantine database will be recreated in the QuarStoreFB folder (either in the default path or the one provided)
- Start all stopped services at point 1.
The default location of the Malware quarantine is: ~\GFI\MailEssentials\EmailSecurity\. If the current installation is GFI MailEssentials 2014 R2 or later, which was upgraded from an older version, please check if the Quarantine path is consistent throughout the following locations:
- GFI MailEssentials Switchboard\Quarantine
- C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\Backend\data\product.config under QuarStorePath
- C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\Attendant\data\product.config under QuarStorePath
- C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\EmailSecurity\data\product.config under QuarStorePath