AnswerIf you want to change the installation mode of MailEssentials in how the users are counted (f.e. from Active Directory to SMTP mode or vice-versa), MailEssentials has to be reinstalled and the Registry keys need to be removed prior to the re-installation. If the registry key is present, the MailEssentials installer will not give the option to choose the user mode.
Please perform the following steps:
- Uninstall MailEssentials from the Control Panel
- Delete the follow registry key:
- 32bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI\MailEssentials\
- 64bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Wow6432Node\GFI\MailEssentials\
- Re-install MailEssentials and select the preferred installation mode