Greylist catches whitelisted email addresses.
- GFI MailEssentials
- all supported environments
- The option to reference the whitelist was not enabled in the Greylist filter
- The sender rules in the whitelist did not properly reference the SMTP address checked by the Greylist filter.
The latter issue was resolved in build 20110613 of GFI MailEssentials 2010.
- Open the GFI Configuration console.
- Navigate to Anti-Spam > Anti-Spam Filters > Greylist.
- Click the Email Exclusions tab.
- Make sure the Exclude email addresses and domains specified in Whitelist option is selected.
- Click the IP Exclusions tab.
- Make sure the Exclude IP addresses specified in Whitelist option is selected.
- Make sure the product is the Latest version of MailEssentials.
- If not, upgrade to the latest version.
- Restart the GFI MailEssentials AntiSpam Attendant service.