PROBLEMThe GFI MailEssentials Scan Serivce (GFIScanS.exe) crashes because of Winspamcatcher.dll.
- GFI MailEssentials
- All supported environments
- Disable the GFI MailEssentials Scan Service and stop it
- Stop all other GFI MailEssentials services
- Backup the SpamRazer data folder
- <INSTALLDIRECTORY>\AntiSpam\SpamScore\Core (GFI MailEssentials version 2012/2014)
- Delete the rule (sc*.bin; sc1.bin, sc2aj5ac49e0.bin.tmp, etc) files from the SpamRazer data folder (almost all files except spamcatcher.conf, productid, rkd)
- Enable the Scan service again and start all GFI MailEssentials services
- Update the SpamRazer module
SpamRazer relies on its "rule files" in the Core directory. One of the files is corrupted for some reason. By deleting the rule files, the auto update will recreate all rule files.