During the post-install wizard, the agents will not be installed and the message 'Install completed but with errors!' will appear. Upon checking the status of the agents in the Exchange Management Shell, the MailEssentials agents will not be present. In the E2k7wizard.log file, this error will be listed:
error ","e2k7wizard","error: IsAgentRegistered exception: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information."
- GFI MailEssentials
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 or 2010 server
The machine's .NET runtime environment is set to run at 2.0 while the GFI MailEssentials post-install wizard requires that 4.0 runs.
- Locate the E2k7wiz.exe.config file in the GFI MailEssentials root directory.
- Open the file with Notepad.
- Add the following text to the file, just below the
<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true"> <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0" /> </startup>
- Save the file and re-run the post-install wizard (E2kwiz.exe).