The installation of GFI MailEssentials fails and one or both of the following errors are shown:
Product: GFI MailEssentials for Exchange/SMTP -- Error 1310.Error writing to file: C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\Antispam\MiddleLayer\GFICryptoStub.dll. System error 5. Verify that you have access to that directory.
Product: GFI MailEssentials for Exchange/SMTP -- Error 1310.Error writing to file: C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\EmailSecurity\MiddleLayer\GFICryptoStub.dll. System error 5. Verify that you have access to that directory.
Note: This can also cause an issue with the Reports.mdb not being recreated after restarting the services.
- GFI MailEssentials
- All supported environments
User Account Control (UAC) was blocking access to the directory, thus not allowing the GFICryptoStub.dll to be installed and subsequently not creating the Reports.mdb.
- When prompted by the installation to Retry, Ignore or Abort, select Ignore.
- Allow the installation to continue and complete.
- Stop all MailEssentials services and set the Anti-Virus (AV) and Anti-Spam (AS) Scan Engines to disabled.
- On your Virtual machines, locate the GFICryptoStub.dll file and attempt to copy it into the respective directory.
Note: Step 4 may not be possible if there is an 'Access Denied' message. If this message is encountered, proceed to step 5.
- Ensure that UAC is disabled and reboot the server.
- Copy the DLL file into the relevant directory and restart the MailEssentials services.
- If the issue was related to the Reports.mdb not being re-created, it should now be present in the
..\GFI\MailEssentials\Datafolder and normal processing should resume.