This article provides an answer to the query: Does GFI MailEssentials support double-byte (Unicode) characters?
GFI MailEssentials supports scanning emails that have Unicode characters. However, the following GFI MailEssentials features do not support double-byte characters:
- Double-byte characters cannot be added to the disclaimer.
- Double-byte characters cannot be added to auto-replies.
- Blocking emails using the keyword checking feature where the keyword or phrase contains double-byte characters.
- The GFI MailEssentials reporter will not display all the double-byte characters correctly.
- The GFI MailEssentials Bayesian Anti-Spam Filter does not support emails with Unicode characters. Such emails may be incorrectly blocked by this filter.
- Blocking spam emails and having the subject altered by GFI MailEssentials.