This article provides the steps to install Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) to store emails temporally, while they are scanned or waiting to be processed by the mail server.
Install MSMQ on Windows Server 2003:
- Open Add or Remove Programs from the Control Panel.
- Click the Windows Components tab. The Windows Components wizard is displayed.
- Select Application Server and click Details.
- If Message Queuing is already selected, the service is already installed and you can skip the rest of this section. If it is not, select Message Queuing and click Details.
- Select Core functionality and click OK.
- Click OK and Next to start installing the Message Queuing service.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.