This article explains the process to reinstall or restore VIPRE Email Security once MailEssentials has been upgraded to the version 2012.
Important Note: User must be using VIPRE Email Security 3.1.xxxxx or a higher version to perform this task. This restoration on MailEssentials 2012 is not possible from VIPRE Email Security versions before 3.1.xxxxx.
Follow these steps to restore VIPRE Email Security installation after upgrading to MailEssentials 2012:
- Back up the VIPRE Email Security Settings, QuarantineStore, and Data folders to a safe location. This will preserve any customized settings, malware quarantine, and reporting data.
- Reinstall VIPRE Email Security from Threat Track.
- Once installed, stop the VIPRE Email Security services.
- Replace folders for Settings, QuarantineStore, and Data, which were backed up in step 1.
- Restart the VIPRE Email Security services.