The user is unable to access the Whitelist page within the GFI MailEssentials UI (with Personal Whitelist enabled). The following errors are displayed:
'An unexpected error occurred in the GFI MailEssentials Configuration'
'Request timed out'
The logs contain the following errors, referencing the PWLBL.sdf database file:
info ","PWLBL-DBHandling","Database file exists...checking tables"
error ","PWLBL-DBHandling","Error: GetData(string) - SQL: SELECT [TABLE_NAME] FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.Tables"
error ","PWLBL-DBHandling","Error: GetData(string) Failed - Error Message: Access to the database file is not allowed. [ File name = e:\gfi\antispam\Data\PWLBL.sdf ]"
error ","PWLBL-DBHandling","Error: GetData(string) Failed - Stack Trace: at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.ProcessResults(Int32 hr) PWLBL-DBHandling","CreateDB Failed...return
- GFI MailEssentials
- All supported environments
The PWLBL.sdf file may be corrupt.
- Stop all GFI MailEssentials services and set the Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam Scan Engines to disabled.
- Browse to Program Files\GFI\MailEssentials\Antispam\Data and locate the PWLBL.sdf file.
- Rename this to PWLBL.old.
- Restart the GFI MailEssentials services and a new PWLBL.sdf database file should be created.
If this does not resolve your issue, please contact GFI Customer Support.