The GFI MailEssentials dashboard statistics for received messages is blank. The emails are counted, but the pie chart and bar graph show no data. This is a similar problem to when the quarantine shows missing sender and recipient information, and accompanies these errors:
"info ","RemotingHelper","Exception - I/O error for file CreateFile (open) 'C:\Program Files\GFI\ContentSecurity\MailSecurity\Data\LOGS.FDB';Error while trying to open file"
"error ","RemotingHelper","Error in InsertLogItem() - FirebirdSql.Data.Firebird.FbException: I/O error for file CreateFile (open) 'C:\Program Files\GFI\ContentSecurity\MailSecurity\Data\LOGS.FDB';Error while trying to open file ; at ContentSecurity.ML.Configuration.RemotingHelper.InsertLogItem(DateTime date, String sender, String recipient, String subject, String result, String guid)"
- GFI MailEssentials
- All supported versions
- Stop all the GFI MailEssentials services and close the GFI MailEssentials WebUI
- Make a backup of the file Logs.FDB from ..\GFI\MailEssentials\EmailSecurity\Data\ (for GFI MailEssentials 2014R2 and later from ..\GFI\MailEssentials\Attendant\data), and delete / rename the original file
- Run the fdb creation tool by using the MiddleLayer from the ..\GFI\MailEssentials\EmailSecurity\ (for GFI MailEssentials 2014R2 and later from ..\GFI\MailEssentials\Attendant\bin) and double click on the file LogsFDBCreator.exe.
- Note: If the logs.fdb is present, the tool will not create database. Therefore, ensure that you rename or delete the original one as instructed in step 2.
- Restart the GFI MailEssentials services
The cause may come from corrupt data in the logs.fdb. Upgrade to the latest version of GFI Mailessentials, if it resolve the error.