MailEssentials ScanM.exe is causing 100% CPU usage. Disabling VIPRE scanning drops the CPU back to normal.
GFI MailEssentials builds 49306 to 49312. It has been resolved with the 49326 update.
This is due to a bad VIPRE Anti Virus Definition update.
- Disable the VIPRE Anti Virus Engine from: MailEssentials Configuration > EmailSecurity > Virus Scanning Engines > VIPRE.
- Wait for the CPU usage to return to normal. You may need to wait several minutes for this to occur.
- Use the Download Updates button to download the latest definitions.
- Once the download completes, ensure you are on at least version 49326.
- Enable VIPRE scanning and confirm CPU usage remains normal after 10 minutes.
If the issue is not resolved, contact GFI Customer Support for assistance.