Product:MailEssentials 2015, build 20150102
- New synchronization of content filtering rules added to Multi-Server configuration synchronization
- Configuration synchronization now functions in real time and only sends the new\modified\deleted data instructions
- New automatic updates system for product patches for automatic download, notify and applying of patches to GFI MailEssentials
- Updated blocklist, whitelist and auto whitelist to make use of SQL compact database engine to improve scalability and performance
- New User Report (Active Users) which provides reporting only for users existing in Active Directory
- Added extensions exclusion list to ‘Scan within archives’ option of Decompression Engine
- Added support for generic AD attributes in Disclaimers
Fixes for issues in previous release:
- Updated SpamTag to make use of users' roaming profiles.
- Pop2Exchange downloaded emails do not display German characters correctly.
- User interface did not load when using IIS mode due to timeout when resolving nested groups.
- Pop2Exchange failed to delete emails from the Pop3 server due to timeout when downloading large emails.
- Crash of GFI MailEssentials Attendant service due to public folder training memory leak.
- Disclaimer was not being added to Microsoft Outlook auto-reply emails.
- Ticket manager failed to create tickets on processed emails in particular environments.
- GFI MailEssentials Attendant service was stopped after a server restart.
- Troubleshooter wizard was crashing when invoking Powershell.
- Custom reports are not being sent on Sunday.
- When clicking on the quarantine report's quick search link, an access denied error page was shown.
- Quarantine emails could not be approved if viewed through the Dashboard logging link.
- User without administrator permissions was getting menu entries for adding emails to global whitelist and blocklist in SpamTag.
- User interface was not showing all of list server subscribers list.
Note:GFI MailEssentials Synchronization Agent has been deprecated and this feature has been replaced with the Multi Server feature. The multi-server feature uses modern technologies and communication protocols to ensure that GFI MailEssentials servers synchronize with each other yet keep on working in an independent mode in case of any issues with the network.
This feature is not enabled by default and for information on this please refer to
Installation requirements for GFI MailEssentials 2015:
- If installing on Microsoft IIS SMTP (x86 \ x64) or Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, then Microsoft IIS with SMTP Service installed is required
- If installing on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010, one of the following combinations of Exchange 2007/2010 Server Roles must be present: Mailbox and Hub Transport or (ii) Hub Transport or (iii) Edge Transport
- If installing on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Service Pack 1 or later is required
- If installing on Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, Mailbox or Edge role is required
- Microsoft.NET® Framework 4/4.5
- ASP.NET® 4.0/4.5
- Internet Information Services (IIS®) World Wide Web service
- WCF HTTP Activation - required when using SpamTag plugin for Microsoft Outlook
- MSMQ - Microsoft® Messaging Queuing Service. The installation detects if MSMQ is not installed and offers the option to automatically install it.
- For more information on how to install pre-requisites for Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, refer to:
Microsoft Windows Server 2008: http://go.gfi.com/?pageid=ME_Win2008
Microsoft Windows Server 2012: http://go.gfi.com/?pageid=ME_Win2012
Where to Download:The latest version of GFI MailEssentials can be downloaded from http://www.gfi.com/downloads/mirrors.aspx?pid=me