This article describes the process to follow in order to change the SMTP port for the outgoing mail.
To configure outbound emails leaving the GFI MailEssentials machine to go out on a different port, you will need to configure the IIS SMTP server.
- Navigate to Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Internet Services Manager.
- In the Internet Information Services console tree (left pane), click the server that contains the SMTP virtual server that you want to configure, and then expand the server node by clicking the plus sign (+) next to the server name.
- Right-click the SMTP virtual server that you want to configure, and then click on Properties.
- In the SMTP Virtual Server property sheet, under Delivery, Click on Outbound Connections.
- In the TCP Port: type the port to be used by the SMTP server for outgoing connections.
- If you need to configure a smart host for the outbound email to pass through, Click on the Advanced button under the Delivery tab and configure the correspondent settings.