If an email deriving from Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync is processed by GFI MailEssentials, it is treated as an inbound email and therefore filtered by the Anti-Spam filters.
The procedure below shows how to exclude such emails from Anti-Spam filtering. This procedure does not disable any other functionality.
To disable Anti-Spam filters from processing Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync emails:
- Open the registry editor (Click Start > Run > type regedit.exe and press Enter)
- Navigate to the GFI MailEssentials registry node:
- 32-bit (x86): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI\MailEssentials\AntiSpam
- 64-bit (x64): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI\MailEssentials\AntiSpam
- In the sub node Config, create a new DWORD value named EnableActiveSync and set the value to 1
- Restart the GFI MailEssentials AS Scan Engine service