When a blocked spam email is forwarded to the specified email address, it turns into a .bad file and stays in the Replay/Pickup folder.
The QAS.ForwardMail log file will show the following line:
"error ","QAS.ForwardMail","Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component."
- GFI MailEssentials
- All supported environments
- Re-register the OLE DLL's with the following commands:
- regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll"
- regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\oleaut32.dll"
- If that does not work, replace the ticket manager database file ticketmgr.mdb from a clean install. Support can provide one of these if one is not available.
- Place the file in the MailEssentials\Data folder and restart the GFI MailEssentials services.
Missing or corrupt ticket manager database.