When accessing the GFI MailEssentials configuration the following message is received:
The features you are about to configure will not be functional because your license key is invalid, your trial version has expired or you have run out of user licenses.
When trying to access the Licensing Properties under the General node you receive the message:
Your license key is invalid.
You may also notice that SPAM emails are no longer being blocked. The dashboard will display Processed Successfully or OK for every email.
- GFI MailEssentials
- all supported environments
This issue may occur if there are any debugging tools implemented on IIS or MMC. If any such tool has been installed, it is necessary to deactivate or remove any rule(s) that monitor IIS Admin - and MMC related processes.
Examples of IIS debug tools can be located at:
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919789 (IIS Debug Tool)
Note that this solution is only required if:
- You have confirmed that the license key is correct or GFI MailEssentials was previously working and stopped suddenly
- You have a purchased key inserted in the GFI MailEssentials configuration
- You have confirmed that you do not have more than the licensed amount of users in the GFI MailEssentials configuration