The GFI MailEssentials Configuration cannot be opened. The page opens with an error:
- GFI MailEssentials
- All supported environments
GFI MailEssentials Application Pools are disabled or missing.
Please check if the Application Pool is created and running.
From the Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager:
- Click the Application Pools node.
- You should find a pool for GFI MailEssentials.
- Make sure that this pool is running.
- If this is running, try to recycle the pool and check if the problem persists.
If the Application Pool is missing, you can recreate it. From the IIS Manager:
- Right-click the GFI MailSecurity or GFI MailEssentials virtual directory and select Properties.
- In the Virtual Directory tab, you should find the Application Pool drop-down list.
- Select the MailEssentials from the drop-down list.
- If the Application Pool is disabled, above the Configuration button, there should be the Create button.
- Click the Create button and repeat step 3.
- Make sure that the Execute permissions are set to Scripts only.
- The Application name should be set to MailEssentials. This will be the name which you referred to as “sub-pool”.
- Press Apply and restart the IIS services.