PROBLEMThe GFI MailEssentials configuration and switchboard failed to open. GFI MailEssential configuration web page results with error: 'HTTP 404 Not Found - The Webpage cannot be found'. The switchboard shows the error: 'Could not load configuration settings. Application will now exit.
- GFI MailEssentials
- all supported environments
SOLUTIONOne possible reason for this problem could be that a GFI MailEssentials remoting port is used by a 3rd party service / application. Verify this by requesting and checking following output:
- Go to Start > Run, type cmd and press Enter
- Type netstat -abn > c:\ports.txt and then press Enter
- Check if any other service on the system is making use of port 8013, 8015, or 8021.(GFI MailEssentials 2014 R2 will use ports 9090,9091 and 8015)
TCP 127.0.0.1:40741 127.0.0.1:8013 ESTABLISHED 1112
To resolve this, you would need to launch the GFI MailEssentials switchboard to change the ports, otherwise you can change the remoting port of the 3rd party service / application.
- Launch the GFI MailEssentials switchboard by going to start > all programs > GFI MailEssentials > switchboard
- Select the Other tab
- Change the port number in conflict
- Select Apply, then OK