This article provides a step-by-step process on excluding the user's email from the spam filtering.
GFI MailEssentials allows excluding specific users from having their emails filtered.
- Specify the user's email address you wish to exclude using the 'Add' function from the GFI MailEssentials Configuration > Anti-Spam > Whitelist.
- Choose the 'Check Recipient' option.
- You may wish to check the 'Filter Priority' option to ensure that no spam modules are ahead of the whitelist module in order to make the change effective.
- It is not recommended to whitelist internal users as this will make them vulnerable to any spoofing attempts.
- The EmailSecurity portion of GFI MailEssentials does not allow to whitelist email addresses. Even if a sender or recipient is whitelisted under the AntiSpam portion of GFI MailEssentials, the emails will be still scanned for malware threats and content.