This article describes how to install Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) to store emails temporarily, while they are being scanned or waiting to be processed by the mail server.
- Launch the Server Manager.
- Go to Manage > Add Roles and Features.
- Click Next from the Before You Begin screen.
- Select Role-based or feature-based installation and click Next.
- Select the destination server.
- Go to Features, navigate to Message Queuing > Message Queuing Services, and select Message Queuing Server.
- Click Install to start the installation. The setup may require a system restart.
- Click OK to finish.
Once the Installation wizard is complete, the Message Queuing Services is installed on Windows Server 2016.