This article indexes a number of knowledge base articles that provide solutions for common MailEssentials Switchboard related issues. It also describes how to locate relevant logs during the Switchboard troubleshooting process.
The Switchboard is one of the default installation components that is included in the GFI MailEssentials programs group created during installation and is an important configuration tool for the MailEssentials administration environment.
Sometimes the Switchboard will fail to launch or to persist configuration changes due to misconfiguration on the Switchboard itself. When this happens, refer to the below list which provides some of the most common Switchboard issues that may be encountered and the recommended resolution steps once the diagnosis is confirmed.
Common Switchboard Issues
- The GFI MailEssentials Switchboard URL does not get updated and the configuration is not accessible when changing a website hostname
- Switchboard crashes when trying to open
- Console not loading properly / Switchboard not working when accessing remotely
- Switchboard not opening but the process starts in Task Manager
- MTEF option is displayed in the switchboard when installed on an Exchange 2010 Hub Transport server
- Error 'Failed to load settings correctly. Application will now exit' when opening the Switchboard in GFI MailEssentials
The detailed debug log file for the Switchboard activity is located at ...GFI\MailEssentials\Debulogs\Switchboard.log and provides a useful reference for Switchboard related issues. This debug log file can be retrieved and examined in a text editor for more detailed information on the Switchboard activity as well as the errors encountered.