Internal emails are being quarantined. Internal servers are in the IP Whitelist but emails are still quarantined by the Header Checking filter even though this filter is lower in priority.
This undesired behavior may happen if the originating IP is not present in the IP Whitelist.
In order to ensure that the correct IP is added to the IP Whitelist, please follow the steps below:
- Obtain the originating IP of the email from the Email Headers.
The header in question is
- Open the MailEssentials Configuration UI and navigate to Anti-Spam > Anti-Spam Filters > Whitelist.
- Open the IP Whitelist tab.
- Ensure that the IP Whitelist is enabled.
- Enter the IP address previously obtained from the email header in the Single computer/CIDR or you can add a subnet address of IP by selecting Group of Computers.
- Select Add.
- Click on Apply to save the configuration.
The internal emails are no longer blocked and reach their intended recipients.
If the issue still persists, please generate the troubleshooting logs as follows:
- Make sure that we have tracing enabled.
- Wait for at least 30 minutes to gather enough information and for the issue to be reproduced.
- Run the troubleshooter:
- Start > Programs > GFI MailEssentials > Troubleshooter
- Follow the Log Generation Wizard for collecting the required and pertinent information.
- Select New Case when completing the log generation.