Emails that contain images in the signature are blocked. The Attachment Checking filter detects that there is a file category mismatch:
claimed extension jpg - claimed category jpg, detected category BMP
The Attachment Checking filter is configured to filter by Extension only. The 'CONTENT POLICY: Block all potentially malicious attachments' rule is configured to exclude .jpg and .bmp.
There is a workaround that can help prevent this undesired behavior. It involves modifying the registry settings to fix the mismatch:
- Go to Start > Run > and type
regeditto open the registry.
Navigate to the following key:
jpgand add the value
which is the number for BMP
For eg: if your existing key has 'JPG- ' change it to 'JPG- ,'
- Close the registry editor and restart the GFI MailEssentials attendant service.
After restarting the GFI MailEssentials attendant service, emails with images in the signature should no longer be blocked.
If the issue still persists, please generate the troubleshooting logs as follows:
- Make sure that we have tracing enabled.
- Wait for at least 30 minutes to gather enough information and for the issue to be reproduced.
- Run the troubleshooter:
- Start > Programs > GFI MailEssentials > Troubleshooter
- Follow the Log Generation Wizard for collecting the required and pertinent information.
- Select New Case when completing the log generation.