After upgrading MailEssentials to the latest version, mail flow stops. Disabling the email processing restores mail flow. Running the post-install wizard does not resolve the issue.
This is a symptom of an incorrect installation caused by a blocked executable file.
- Take a backup of the current configuration by following the steps in the Taking a Backup of GFI MailEssentials Configuration article.
- Uninstall the current installation of GFI MailEssentials.
- Download the latest version of GFI MailEssentials.
- Ensure that the installation file is not blocked.
- Right-click on the installer and select Run as Administrator.