When the Public Folder Scanning Setting is configured to poll using Web Services, clicking on the Test button fails. The correct server name and credentials are used.
With tracing enabled, the
\GFI\MailEssentials\Attendant\DebugLogs\PFTrainEWS.log file shows the following error:
2020-09-23,20:47:58,431,1,"#00002B30","#00000049","info ","PFTrainEWS","<user> : https://<server name>:443/EWS/Exchange.asmx"
2020-09-23,20:47:58,842,1,"#00002B30","#00000049","error ","PFTrainEWS","error:PFTrain EWS Test Failed: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized."
If the previous error is encountered, please apply the following steps:
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:
- Right-click MSV1_0, point to New and then click Multi-String Value.
- Type BackConnectionHostNames, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click BackConnectionHostNames, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type the hostname or the hostnames for the sites that are on the local computer, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry key:
- Right-click Lsa, point to New and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
Click on the Test button to confirm successful connection to poll Exchange Public Folders.
If the issue still persists, please generate the troubleshooting logs as follows:
- Make sure that you have tracing enabled.
- Wait for at least 30 minutes to gather enough information and for the issue to be reproduced.
- Run the troubleshooter:
- Start > Programs > GFI MailEssentials > Troubleshooter
- Follow the Log Generation Wizard for collecting the required and pertinent information.
- Select New Case when completing the log generation to attach the logs to a new case that will be automatically created, or open a support ticket manually and attach the logs to that ticket, so that the Support team can investigate the problem.