Some emails with attachments fail to be sent. Investigating the Exchange Transport Logs reveals that the failure is caused by the GfiAvRoutingAgent:
As a temporary workaround, you can disable the agent by running this command in the Exchange Management Shell:
Disable-TransportAgent -Identity GfiAvRoutingAgent
GFI MailEssentials will still work but the Content Filtering and Email Security will not work.
After updating to the latest version of GFI MailEssentials, sending emails no longer fails.
If the issue still persists, please generate the troubleshooting logs as follows:
- Make sure that you have tracing enabled.
- Wait for at least 30 minutes to gather enough information and for the issue to be reproduced.
- Run the troubleshooter:
- Start > Programs > GFI MailEssentials > Troubleshooter
- Follow the Log Generation Wizard for collecting the required and pertinent information.
- Select New Case when completing the log generation to attach the logs to a new case that will be automatically created, or open a support ticket manually and attach the logs to that ticket, so that the Support team can investigate the problem.