After updating MailEssentials to the latest version, the program works slowly. Trying to open and approve a message that has been quarantined takes a few minutes.
Occasionally you may experience a
Server Error in '/MailEssentials' Application.
Request timed out error as in the image below:
When the quarantined message detail page opens, it is empty as in the image below:
The issue indicates that the Quarantine logs are corrupted.
Follow the steps below to purge the logs:
- Stop the MailEssentials services.
- Disable both the AS and AV scan engines.
- Navigate to the
- Delete all files present within this Logs directory.
- Repair the Quarantine database by following the steps in the "Repairing a Corrupted Quarantine Store or Greylist database" article.
- Start the MailEssentials services, and set them to automatic.
After applying the steps above, the Quarantine should function correctly.
If the issue still persists, please generate the troubleshooting logs as follows:
- Make sure that you have tracing enabled.
- Wait for at least 30 minutes to gather enough information and for the issue to be reproduced.
- Run the troubleshooter:
- Start > Programs > GFI MailEssentials > Troubleshooter
- Follow the Log Generation Wizard for collecting the required and pertinent information.
- Select New Case when completing the log generation to attach the logs to a new case that will be automatically created, or open a support ticket manually and attach the logs to that ticket, so that the Support team can investigate the problem.