When you are trying to open the GFI MailEssentials Configuration UI, the browser shows a "Server Error in '/MailEssentials' Application. The trust relationship between the primary domain and the trusted domain failed." error message.
This is an environmental issue. The following steps may help identify the possible cause:
- Try and access the localhost on the server, by opening a browser and navigating to http://localhost/.
- Similarly, try to access the webpage by using your server name (FQDN).
The following steps may help:
- Please ensure that you have the correct settings on the MailEssentials application pool:
- Please ensure that the Network Service account is added to the MailEssentials folder with Full control permissions:
- If none of the above work please go to the MailEssentials Switchboard and:
- Switch to Local Mode.
- Switch back to IIS Mode.
We also found on a third-party website that this issue may happen if you have trust available between Parent to Parent domain and also from Child to Parent domain. If that was the case after removing the Child to Parent domain trust, the issue should be resolved.