Suddenly, legitimate emails are being blocked by the IP DNS Blocklist. These emails are whitelisted and used to reach the inboxes safely. Turning off the IP DNS Blocklist filter allows the emails to go through.
The first step is to restart the GFI MailEssentials Services:
- Open the Windows Services Manager:
- From the Start menu, click Run.
- In the Open box, type
services.msc, and click OK.
- Restart the following services:
- GFI List Server
- GFI MailEssentials Attendant
- GFI MailEssentials AS Scan Engine
- GFI MailEssentials Autoupdater
- GFI MailEssentials AV Scan Engine
- GFI MailEssentials Backend
- GFI MailEssentials Legacy Attendant
- GFI POP2Exchange
- GFI MailEssentials Quarantine Action Services
If the emails are still blocked, please follow the steps in the "Determining why the IP DNS Blocklist Filter Blocked or Allowed a Message" article to identify the reason for blocking.
After applying the steps above, legitimate emails should not be blocked anymore.
If the issue still persists, please generate the troubleshooting logs as follows:
- Make sure that you have tracing enabled.
- Wait for at least 30 minutes to gather enough information and for the issue to be reproduced.
- Run the troubleshooter:
- Start > Programs > GFI MailEssentials > Troubleshooter
- Follow the Log Generation Wizard for collecting the required and pertinent information.
- Select New Case when completing the log generation to attach the logs to a new case that will be automatically created, or open a support ticket manually and attach the logs to that ticket, so that the Support team can investigate the problem.