After enabling the recipient spam digest notification for a user mailbox, it was working correctly and the digests were received. Suddenly, the user is no longer receiving notification alerts from external domains.
With tracing enabled, the SpamDigest.log file shows the following:
<GFI MailEssentials installation path>\GFI\MailEssentials\Backend\DebugLogs\SpamDigest.log
2020-09-07,07:00:45,967,1,"#00005048","#0000000B","info ","SpamDigest","User with email address: <email> was excluded for processing"
This indicates that the user has been removed from the recipient list. The solution is to re-add the user to the Recipient List:
- Open the GFI MailEssentials Configuration UI.
- Navigate to Anti-Spam > Spam Digest.
- Open the Recipient List tab.
- Add the required email address as well as any other recipients as you require.
- Click on Apply to save the settings.
After re-adding the user to the recipient list, the digest notifications are received correctly.
If the issue still persists, please generate the troubleshooting logs as follows:
- Make sure that you have tracing enabled.
- Wait for at least 30 minutes to gather enough information and for the issue to be reproduced.
- Run the troubleshooter:
- Start > Programs > GFI MailEssentials > Troubleshooter
- Follow the Log Generation Wizard for collecting the required and pertinent information.
- Select New Case when completing the log generation to attach the logs to a new case that will be automatically created, or open a support ticket manually and attach the logs to that ticket, so that the Support team can investigate the problem.